Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Instant love!

I was reading someone's blog the other day and she was talking about how she didn't bond with her baby right away. I know this happens to some people and that is is a totally normal thing, but I loved my children from the moment I saw them (well I loved them from the minute I got the positive pregnancy test). I remember when I was pregnant with Sagen I would have nights that I was cuddling with Lorelei and I was thinking "How am I going to do this with two?" "Can I handle two?" "Is Lorelei ready to have a brother?" I was a little scared. I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. Then, Sagen was born. I heard him cry. I held him and I KNEW that I could do it. Having the two of them was going to be the best thing that ever happened to me. THEY were the best things that ever happened to me. I clearly remember holding him in the hospital and thinking "Even if I never sleep another night in my life (I must have instinctively known he wasn't going to be a sleeper), these kiddos are SO worth it.
I am so grateful to my children and I love them more then anything. After reading the other woman's post I realized that I was lucky. Not everyone has an easy ride into motherhood. For me, it was easy. There were hard things, of course, but the instant love I felt for them made those hard things not so hard!

No comments: